Wrekin College at a glance
Wrekin College is a flourishing co-educational day and boarding school in a beautiful part of Shropshire. Well served by road and rail links, it combines the benefits of rural and urban living, and is an unusually happy place to work and study. The school community is very strong, with excellent relationships between pupils and staff. Wrekin is over 130 years old, with all the traditions of an English education. But we are also a cosmopolitan, vibrant community. International pupils play a full part in this, right from the start, and everyone here warmly welcomes the insights they bring.
Making learning exciting
• a school which adds value to the lives of all its pupils
• a school which every child believes is ‘their school’, and where every child has an equal chance to contribute
• a school that takes pride in itself, but is never complacent
• a school where pupils understand that a first-rate education is a privilege, and one they have a duty to live up to
• a school which is more than the sum of its parts, offering everything other great schools offer and something more – a Wrekin education.
Wrekin has a strong academic record. We pride ourselves on stimulating intellectual curiosity, providing excellent and inspiring teaching, and making learning exciting. Our guiding principle is to help every child achieve the most they are capable of, prepare them for the competitive world they will enter, and give them a lasting sense of the pleasure and value of learning that will enrich their future lives. The Sixth Form is an important and distinctive part of the school. Wrekin has combined the best elements of its traditional boarding ethos with an extensive enrichment programme to create a new and unique sixth form, offering an intellectual and social environment closer to that of a university.
Wrekin has also launched its own Business School, providing pupils with an environment in which they can immerse themselves in the world of business. This practical component, supported by real companies and entrepreneurs, complements the academic aspects of their studies.
A variety of scholarships are available for pupils hoping to enter the school at 11+, 13+ and 16+. In addition to academic scholarships, there are awards for music, art and sporting ability. Further details can be obtained from the Registrar, Katie Guest, on +44 (0)1952 265603 or e-mail email@example.com.